Bagels are always a satisfying choice. Not your average bagel, this recipe will definitely help you with a healthy and tasty start to your day.
• ½ cup hemp hearts
• ¼ cup psyllium fibre
• 6 egg whites, organic
• 1 cup coconut flour
• ½ cup sesame seed kernels
• ½ cup pumpkin seeds
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
• 1 cup boiling water
• Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
• Mix all the ingredients except the eggs and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
• Blend the egg whites in a blender until you get a foamy mixture.
• Pour the egg whites into the well-churned dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
• Add a cup of boiling water and keep stirring until a smooth dough forms.
• Now place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
• Divide the dough into 6 balls of roughly equal size.
• With your finger, make a hole in each ball then press the dough onto the cookie sheet, forming it in the shape of a bagel. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
• Bake them for 55 minutes at 350 °F.