Brie and Apple Crepes
This dish scores points for presentation too.
For the crepe batter
• oz of cream cheese
• ½ tsp of baking soda
• large eggs
• ¼ tsp of salt
For the toppings
• 2 oz of chopped pecans
• 1 small sweet apple, sliced
• 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
• oz of brie cheese, sliced
• ¼ tsp of cinnamon
• fresh mint leaves
• Melt butter in a small pan.
• Toast the chopped pecans. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and mix
• Transfer pecans to a plate and let cool.
• Put all the batter ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
• Add a small amount of unsalted butter to a non-stick pan and heat on medium.
• Ladle some of the crepe batter into the pan. Swirl to spread evenly into a thin layer.
• Cook until the top seems to have dried, then flip it gently and cook the other side for few seconds. Transfer to a plate.
• Repeat the previous two steps until all of the batter is used.
• Arrange the apple slices and brie on one side of a crepe and top with roasted pecans. Fold crepe in half so toppings are sandwiched.
• Repeat for all the crepes.
• Garnish with mint.