Boiled Eggs with Spinach
(Total Time: 25 MIN| Serves: 2)
1 lb spinach, chopped
4 large eggs
1 tbsp olives
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp raw almonds
½ tsp chili flakes
½ tsp sea salt
- Rinse the spinach thoroughly under cold running water and drain in a large colander. Set aside.
- Plug in the instant pot and pour in three cups of water in the stainless steel insert. Add eggs and close the lid. Adjust the steam release handle and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 4 minutes and cook on high pressure.
- When done, press the ‘’Cancel’’ button and perform a quick pressure release by moving the pressure valve to the ‘’Venting’’ position. Carefully, open the lid and transfer the eggs into ice cold water.
- Clean and pat dry the insert with a kitchen towel and place in the pot. Grease with some olive oil and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now, stir in one tablespoon of butter and season with salt and chili flakes. Mix well and cook for one minute.
- Turn off the pot and sprinkle with nuts.
- Gently peel and slice each egg in half, lengthwise. Transfer to a serving plate and add olives.
- Optionally, serve with sliced avocado and drizzle with some more olive oil.
Per Serving(Calories 414| Total Fats 36.8g | Net Carbs: 4.1g | Protein 17.7g |Fiber: 5.1g)