Chicken Pot Roast
(Total Time: 60 MIN| Serves: 6)
1 whole chicken, about 4 lbs
5 garlic cloves, whole
4 tbsp olive oil
5 cherry tomatoes, whole
1 onion, chopped
3 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup chicken stock
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
2 fresh sage sprigs
- Place the chicken in a large colander and rinse well under cold running water making sure to clean the cavity. Rub with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the inner pot with olive oil and heat up. Add chicken and brown on all sides for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the pot and place on a large platter. Stuff with rosemary sprigs, sage sprigs, and lemon zest.
- Add some more oil in the pot and heat up. Add onions and garlic. Cook until translucent. Pour in about ¼ cup of the stock and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add the chicken and cherry tomatoes. Seal the lid and set the steam release handle.
- Press the ‘’Manual’’ button and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Like a baking sheet with some parchment paper and set aside.
- When you hear the cooker’s end signal, perform a quick release and open the lid. Chill for a while and transfer the chicken to a large platter.
- Remove the sprigs from the cavity and stuff with cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Per Serving(Calories 570 | Total Fats: 18.8g | Net Carbs: 5.4g | Protein: 89.1g |Fiber: 1.9g)