Beef Ribs with Mashed Cauliflower
(Total Time: 50 MIN| Serves: 6)
2 lbs beef ribs
1 cup cauliflower
2 tbsp green onions, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup milk
1 tbsp butter
3 cups beef broth
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
1 tsp dried thyme, ground
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
- Plug in the instant pot and grease the stainless steel with olive oil. Add the beef ribs and sprinkle with salt, thyme, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Pour in 2 cups of broth and close the lid. Adjust the steam release handle and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 10 minutes and cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When done perform a quick release of the pressure and open the pot. Let it chill for a while.
- Remove the meat along with liquid from the pot and pat dry the insert with a kitchen paper.
- Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and melt the butter in the insert. Add cauliflower and sprinkle with some salt and mint to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the remaining broth and milk. Close the lid. Set the steam release handle and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 7 minutes and cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release and open the pot. Transfer all to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher. Stir in the garlic powder and serve with beef ribs.
Per Serving (Calories 350 | Total Fats 14.7g | Net Carbs: 2g | Protein 49.2g |Fiber: 0.7g)