Sausage Scotch Eggs
There are few things as good for breakfast as traditional scotch eggs; tasty, healthy and fast.
● 1 lb of ground pork
● 6 medium-sized eggs
● 1 tbsp of homemade sugar-free gingerbread spice mix (0.4 tbsp ground cinnamon, 0.2 tbsp ground ginger, 0.2 tbsp ground cloves, 0.05 tbsp ground allspice, 0.05 tbsp ground star anise, 0.05 tbsp ground nutmeg, 0.05 tbsp ground black pepper)
● 1 tsp of salt
● 1 tsp black pepper
● Boil the eggs, and then let cool for ~10 minutes before peeling.
● Preheat oven to 350 °F.
● Mix gingerbread spice mix, salt, pepper and ground pork in a large bowl.
● For every egg, measure out ⅓ cup of the seasoned ground pork.
● Make patties (similar to hamburger patties) from each lump of pork.
● Place an egg in the center of each patty.
● Fold the pork patties around each egg, fully encasing them as evenly as possible.
● Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.