Crispy Tofu and Bok Choy Salad
Yet another delectable salad option, this one surely makes a great breakfast.
For the oven baked tofu
• 15 ounces extra firm tofu
• 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 1 tbsp water
For the bok choy salad
• 9 ounces bok choy
• 1 tbsp sambal olek
• 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
• 1 stalk green onion
• 1 tbsp peanut butter
• 7 drops liquid stevia
• 3 tbsp coconut oil
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• Juice of ½ lime
• Lay out a kitchen towel and layer the tofu over half of it. Fold the towel over the tofu, and press to dry the tofu. If possible, place something heavy on top of the folded towel to keep the tofu pressed. It will take almost 6 hours to dry completely, and you may even have to change the towel halfway.
• In a bowl, add soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil, and vinegar and mix well. This will be the tofu marinade.
• After the tofu is dried, chop it evenly into square pieces. Add it to a plastic bag along with the marinade.
• Let the tofu marinate for nearly 30 minutes. You can also keep it overnight for even more flavor.
• Now preheat the oven to 350 °F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and bake the marinated tofu on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
• Now, we will work on the bok choy salad. For this, you need to first chop the green onion and the cilantro.
• Add all remaining bok choy salad ingredients apart from bok choy and lime juice in a separate bowl and mix well.
• Now, add the chopped green onion and cilantro to it.
• When the tofu has been cooked thoroughly, add lime juice to the salad bowl and mix well.
• Now, chop the bok choy.
• Add the tofu and the chopped bok choy to the salad bowl and mix.