This is an exciting and fun recipe, with a presentation suitable for entertaining.
● 1 small cucumber cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
● 4 slices of turkey bacon, cooked until crispy, then crumbled
● One 6” whole wheat tortilla; low carb
● 3 oz of softened whipped cream cheese
● 1 slice of smoked deli turkey, finely diced
● 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
● 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
● ¼ tsp of dried basil
● 1 tbsp of diced pimiento pepper
● Mix cream cheese, dried basil, diced turkey, mayonnaise, parmesan, bacon and pimientos in a medium bowl.
● Using a spoon, hollow out the cucumber halves.
● Spoon the mixture into the cucumber halves.
● Cut the edges off the tortilla to make it square.
● Slice the square in half diagonally, making two triangles.
● Place each cucumber half in the center of a triangle, and wrap tortilla around cucumber.
● While holding a tortilla triangle wrapped around a cucumber, push a wooden skewer in one side and out the other, forming a ‘boat.’
● Place on serving tray.