Creamy Cauliflower Chowder
Once in a while, it’s just nice having soup for dinner, isn’t it?
• 1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
• ¾ cup diced carrots
• ½ cup diced onion
• 1 cup milk
• 1 tbsp butter
• ¼ cup cream cheese
• 5 cloves of garlic, minced
• ½ tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
• salt to taste
• 1 cup of water
• 1 tbsp of olive oil and 3 oz of shredded cheddar cheese for topping
• Heat butter in a soup pot.
• Add onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
• Add cauliflower, carrots, milk, pepper, salt, and oregano.
• Bring this mixture to boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
• After the cauliflower is tender, remove soup pot from heat and pour the mixture into a blender.
• Blend soup until creamy then pour it back in the pot.
• Add a cup of water along with cream cheese.
• Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes and then turn off heat.
• Top with olive oil and shredded cheddar.