Rosemary Balsamic Chicken Liver Pate
This is for those days when you want a filling lunch.
● 1 pound of chicken liver
● 1 cup of chopped leek, green parts
● 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
● 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
● ¼ cup of coconut oil
● 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (removed from the stem)
● 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper
● ½ tsp of sea salt
● filtered water
● Using a glass baking dish, marinate the liver in a water and apple cider vinegar solution for 12 to 24 hours. (Add enough water to the tablespoon of apple cider vinegar so that the solution completely covers the liver.)
● After marinating, drain the liver and place it in a cast iron pan along with coconut oil, rosemary, leeks, and salt.
● Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
● Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
● Transfer the liver and juices to your blender.
● Add balsamic vinegar and ground pepper.
● Blend until very smooth.
● Spoon the mixture into a shallow sealable container.
● Seal container and store in the fridge for 2 to 3 days before serving.