Heirloom Tomato Tart
Here is another vegetarian recipe which makes for a scrumptious snack.
For the crust
• 2 eggs
• ¾ cup of coconut flour
• ½ cup of coconut oil
• ½ tsp of salt
For the filling
• 4 ounces of tomatoes, heirloom
• 3 ounces of cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
• Mix all of the ingredients for the crust together.
• Press the mixture into a pan and evenly spread out, and let it bake for 20 minutes.
• Remove the crust from the oven, and sprinkle cheese on top.
• Cut the tomatoes into ¼” slices, and then place them on the top of the cheese.
• Add salt and pepper along with any other spices you like, such as oregano, for example.
• Cover pan and bake for 20 minutes.
• Let it cool.