Low Carb Spinach Pie
This meal with a cooking time of only 30 minutes is a great way to have a filling dinner without straying from the diet.
For the crust
• 2 eggs
• ¾ cup of coconut flour
• ½ cup of butter
For the filling
• 4 ounces of crumbled feta
• ½ cup of artichoke hearts, marinated and chopped
• 2 cups of thawed and drained frozen spinach
• Pepper to taste
• Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
• Add the thawed spinach and chopped artichoke hearts to a bowl. Press the contents, and drain the excess liquid.
• In a separate bowl, mix the butter and coconut flour until uniform.
• Now, add the two eggs and mix until you have a thick dough that takes the shape of a ball.
• Evenly press the dough in a 9-inch pie pan, and let rest.
• To the drained spinach/artichoke mix, add the feta cheese and pepper. Mix.
• Pour the mixture on to the pie crust dough.
• Bake for 30 minutes.
• Remove from oven and serve.