Spaghetti Squash with Basil Pesto
This easy-to-make recipe offers a quick and satisfying meal.
Ingredients for the basil pesto
• ¼ cup pine nuts or cashew nuts
• 1 garlic cloves
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• tsp of black pepper, ground
• tsp of salt
• Add all of the pesto ingredients to a processor, and blend well. Adding the olive oil slowly, while the processor is running, will help keep the oil from separating and help it emulsify.
• Thus you’ve got about ¾ cup of basil pesto. You need 3 tbsp of basil pesto for spaghetti squash recipe.
Here are the nutrient facts of pesto:
Ingredients for the spaghetti squash
• 1 large (about 5 pounds) spaghetti squash
• 3 tbsp of basil pesto
• 1¼ cups of coarsely grated parmesan cheese, divided
• 2 tbsp of Italian herb blend
• 2 tbsp of olive oil
• Salt and ground pepper to taste
• Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
• Now wash the outside of the spaghetti squash and then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
• Cut the ends off the squash and rub the insides with a little olive oil and the Italian herb blend.
• Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and place the spaghetti squash halves on the sheet.
• Bake the squash for about 50 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
• Using a fork, scrape squash out of skin and place into a bowl.
• Mix the pesto along with the cup of parmesan cheese and then season it with salt and pepper.
• Add the squash in the pesto mixture, pour into the gratin dish, and sprinkle ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese on the top
• Bake it for about 30 minutes.