Roasted Vegetable and Spinach Pesto
This vegan lasagna-style pesto will certainly be a tasty end to your day. It is sure to satiate your hunger pangs.
• 6 organic large eggs
• 2 medium eggplants
• 10 ounce of fresh spinach
• 1 cup of marinara sauce
• 1½ cup of feta cheese
• ½ cup of parmesan cheese
• 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
• ¼ cup of melted butter
• ½ tsp of salt
• Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
• Cut the eggplant into ½ inch slices, and place on a baking sheet.
• Pour the melted butter over the eggplant slices, and season with salt.
• Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. When done cooking, remove from oven and place aside. Lower the oven temperature to 350 °F.
• Blanch the fresh spinach, remembering to place in cold water after cooking. Strain the leaves from the water, and press the spinach to remove any excess liquid.
• Crack one egg and add to a separate bowl. Season with a pinch of salt.
• Pour it into a hot pan that has been greased with melted butter and swirl it around so as to create a very thin layer of cooked egg. Cook it for a minute or so until you feel that the top has firmed.
• Now place it on a plate and repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
• Begin assembling the lasagna by first stacking two of the cooked eggs on a plate.
• Spread 1/3 of the marinara sauce on the top of the stacked eggs, and then add 1/3 of the eggplant slices.
• Now, add ½ of the mozzarella cheese, ½ of the spinach, and ½ of the feta cheese. Then top it with 2 more layers of cooked egg.
• Repeat the layering process, ending with the last 2 layers of cooked egg on top.
• Then add the remaining 1/3 marinara and 1/3 eggplants to top off the lasagna.
• Bake it for 25 minutes.
• Set aside to cool.