Cod Chowder with Bacon
(Total Time: 25 MIN| Serves: 5)
1 lb cod fillets
3 cups fish stock
2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup fish sauce
½ cup onions, finely chopped
1 cup full-fat milk
3 tbsp butter
¼ cup heavy cream
5 bacon slices, chopped
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp dried basil
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the inner pot with butter and heat up. Add onions and mushrooms and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the fish stock and cauliflower. Add cod fillets and season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Add bacon and stir well again.
- Seal the lid and set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position. Press the ‘’Manual’’ button and set the timer for 8 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release and carefully open the lid.
- Stir in the milk and heavy cream. Drizzle with the fish sauce and chill for a while.
- Serve with some freshly chopped parsley.
Per Serving(Calories 333| Total Fats 20.7g | Net Carbs: 5.6g | Protein: 30.1g |Fiber: 1.4g)