Chili Mushroom Beef Shank
(Total Time: 40 MIN| Serves: 4)
2 lbs beef shank
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 small green chili pepper, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, diced
2 cups beef broth
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme, ground
¼ tsp red chili flakes
- Rinse the meat under running water and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Rub with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Plug in your instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the stainless steel with olive oil and add green chili and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, add meat and sprinkle all with thyme, chili, and ginger. Give it a good stir and pour in the broth. Securely lock the lid and adjust the steam release handle.
- Press the ‘’Manual’’ button and set the timer for 25 minutes. Cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When you hear the cooker’s end signal, perform a quick pressure release and open the pot. Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and stir in the diced tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.Turn off the pot and transfer all to serving bowls.
Per Serving(Calories 492 | Total Fats 18.8g | Net Carbs: 3.6g | Protein 72.5g |Fiber: 1.1g)