Beef with Greens
(Total Time: 50 MIN| Serves: 8)
2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup fresh kale, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups beef broth
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper, ground
¼ tsp dried thyme, ground
- Combine spinach and kale in a large colander. Rinse thoroughly under cold running water and drain. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the stainless steel insert and add garlic and onions. Cook for 3-4minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour in the broth and lock the lid. Set the steam release handle and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 20 minutes and cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release by moving the valve to the ‘’Venting’’ position. Open the pot and add spinach, kale and the remaining butter. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until the greens are wilted.
- Turn off the pot and transfer all to a serving bowl.
- Optionally, top with sour cream or cream cheese and enjoy!
Per Serving (Calories 458 | Total Fats 34.8g | Net Carbs: 2.2g | Protein 31.5g |Fiber: 0.5g)