Braised Short Ribs
(Total Time: 60 MIN| Serves: 8)
4 lbs. Boneless Beef Short Ribs
2 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 large Onion (diced)
2 stalks Celery (diced)
2 tsp Garlic (minced)
½ cup Red Wine
¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
⅔ cup Paleo Balsamic Ketchup
1 can Diced Tomatoes
3 tbsp. Coconut Aminos
2 tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- Pat dry the ribs with a kitchen towel and season them with salt and pepper.
- Set the Instant pot to “Sauté” and add one tablespoon olive oil to it. Brown the ribs on both sides, two minutes per side. Brown them in 2-3 batches to prevent overcrowding them. Set aside browned ribs.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pot, and add the onions, celery and garlic. Sauté them for 2-3 minutes while occasionally stirring, until they are softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Then add the short ribs and stir to coat them.
- Place and lock the lid and manually set the cooking time to 45 minutes at high pressure.
- When done let naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes and then quick release it.
- Serve with mashed or riced cauliflower.
(Calories: 387 | Total Fats: 43g | Net Carbs: 8g | Proteins: 38g |Fibers: 3g)