Chili Shoulder Roast
(Total Time: 45 MIN| Serves: 4)
3 lbs beef shoulder roast
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup tomatoes, diced
2 cups beef broth
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika, ground
1 tsp dried oregano, ground
1 tsp dried basil, ground
1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Place the rinsed meat in a large bowl and generously rub with salt, chili powder, paprika, oregano, and basil. Set aside.
- Plug in the instant pot and grease the stainless steel insert with olive oil. Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and add onions and bell peppers. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes and add meat.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and pour in the broth. Securely lock the lid and set the steam release handle. Press the ‘’Manual’’ button and set the timer for 20 minutes. Cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When you hear the cooker’s end signal, perform a quick pressure release and open the pot. Carefully transfer the meat to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred and return the meat to the pot.
- Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and cook until sauce thickens. Turn off the pot and stir in the fresh rosemary.
- Serve warm.
Per Serving (Calories 595 | Total Fats 28.7g | Net Carbs: 5.8g | Protein 72.9g |Fiber: 2.1g)