Green Pesto Tuna Steak
(Total Time: 40 MIN| Serves: 4)
2 tuna steaks, about 1-inch thick
1 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
¼ cup olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 cup cauliflower, finely chopped
3 tbsp mozzarella, shredded
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp sea salt
- Plug in the instant pot and set the steam basket. Pour in one cup of water and add tuna steaks in the basket.
- Season with salt and seal the lid. Set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Cook for 7 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, perform a quick release and open the lid. Using oven mitts, gently remove the steam basket and set aside.
- Remove the water from the pot and add butter. Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and heat up.
- Briefly cook each tuna steak for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Now, prepare the pesto. Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until completely smooth. Coat each tuna steak with pesto and place on a small baking sheet lined with some parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until lightly brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately.
Per Serving(Calories 484 | Total Fats 32.9g | Net Carbs: 2g | Protein: 44.3g |Fiber: 0.8g)