Creamy Shiitake Beef Sirloin
(Total Time: 50 MIN| Serves: 6)
2 lbs beef sirloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
5 bacon slices, chopped
1 cup pearl onions, chopped
3 cups beef broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Plug in your instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Add chopped bacon and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pot and set aside.
- Add butter and gently melt, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes and remove from the pot.
- Add meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes and then pour in the broth. Close the lid and adjust the steam release handle. Press ‘’Manual’’ button and set the timer for 25 minutes. Cook on ‘’High pressure.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release by moving the valve to the ‘’Venting’’ position.
- Open the pot and add mushroom mixture, bacon, and heavy cream. Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and bring it to a boil. Stir in the sage and thyme. Simmer for 10 more minutes.Turn off the pot and transfer all to a serving dish.
Per Serving(Calories 431 | Total Fats 18.8g | Net Carbs: 5.9g | Protein 55.1g |Fiber: 1.5g)