Chinese Simmered Chicken
(Total Time: 45 MIN| Serves: 5)
3 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and chopped into bite-size pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup swerve
¼ cup water
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp tomato paste, sugar-free
½ tsp red chili flakes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Rinse the meat and chop into smaller pieces.
- Plug in the instant pot and grease the inner pot with oil. Press the ‘’Sauté’ button and heat the oil. Add chicken in several batches and brown on all sides for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pot and transfer to a deep bowl. Set aside.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and stir well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the meat. Give it a good stir and continue to cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- Press the ‘’Cancel’’ button and remove from the pot.
- Serve immediately.
Per Serving(Calories 590 | Total Fats: 26.1g | Net Carbs: 3.2g | Protein: 80.3g |Fiber: 0.7g)