Eggplant and Lamb Curry
(Total Time: 50 MIN| Serves: 4)
2 lamb shanks
2 green chili peppers, whole
4 garlic cloves, whole
4 tbsp ghee
4 cups beef broth
4 tbsp yogurt
½ eggplant, cubed
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp oregano
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cumin seeds
2 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
- Place the meat in a large bowl. Generously sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, and cumin seeds.
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the inner pot with ghee and add the meat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When the meat is nicely browned on all sides, sprinkle with some more spices and add eggplants. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and add yogurt and chili peppers. Stir well and seal the lid. Set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position and press the ‘’Manual’’ button.
- Set the timer for 30 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, release the pressure naturally and open the lid. Chill for a while and serve.
Per Serving(Calories 392| Total Fats 22.7g | Net Carbs: 4.3g | Protein: 38.4g |Fiber: 2.2g)