Confit Duck Legs with Thyme
(Total Time: 8-10 HOURS| Serves: 4)
2 lbs duck legs, 2-3 pieces
3 tbsp duck fat
5 cups chicken stock
¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp peppercorn
2 bay leaves
3 thyme sprigs
1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Rinse the meat thoroughly under cold running water and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all spices and rub the meat with this mixture. Place in the pot along with the remaining ingredients.
- Seal the lid and set the steam release handle. Press the ‘’Slow Cook’’ button and set the timer for 8-10 hours on low pressure.
- When done, release the pressure naturally and open the lid.
- Serve immediately with some mashed cauliflower or roasted asparagus.
Per Serving (Calories 503 | Total Fats: 23.8g | Net Carbs: 1.1g | Protein: 67g |Fiber: 0.3g)