Creamy Chicken Wings with Peppers
(Total Time: 50MIN| Serves: 5)
2 lbs chicken wings, whole
1 cup Brussels sprouts
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
7 oz Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp sour cream
¼ cup olive oil
4 cups chicken stock
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp dried rosemary
- Plug in the instant pot and add sprouts in the stainless steel insert. Pour in three cups of water and add two tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with some salt and seal the lid. Set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 10 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, release the pressure by moving the pressure handle to the ‘’Venting’’ position. Carefully open the lid and remove the sprouts from the pot. Drain and set aside.
- Now rinse and clean each pepper. Cut in half and remove the seeds. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Clean the mushrooms and slice each in half. Set aside.
- Remove the stock from the pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the inner pot with the remaining olive oil and add the wings. Briefly brown each piece for 3-4 minutes on each side and remove from the pot.
- Now add peppers and cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly. Season with some salt and add mushrooms. Continue to cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Now add the meat and sprouts. Pour in the reserved stock as well as he remaining one cup. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and stir well.
- Seal the lid and set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position. Press the ‘’Manual’’ button and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Chill for a while and then stir in sour cream and heavy cream. Give it a good stir and optionally season with some more salt or pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Per Serving(Calories 568 | Total Fats: 34.7g | Net Carbs: 6.4g | Protein: 56.1g |Fiber: 1.7g)