Goat Meat Stew
(Total Time: 60 MIN| Serves: 4)
2 lbs goat meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 small green chili pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp butter
½ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper, ground
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger, cumin powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Rinse the meat under running water and pat dry with a kitchen paper. Cut into bite-sized pieces and add it to the bowl with marinade. Stir well to coat all the meat and cover with a plastic foil. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring halfway trough.
- Plug in your instant pot and press the ”Saute” button. Add the onions and green chili pepper. Sprinkle with some salt to taste and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions translucent.
- Add marinated meat and tomatoes. Add about 3-4 tablespoons of the marinade and pour in 2 cups of water. Stir all well and securely lock the lid.
- Adjust the steam release handle and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 45 minutes and cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When done, release the pressure naturally.
- Open the pot and transfer to a serving pot. Optionally, sprinkle with some finely chopped green onions before serving and garnish with lime wedges.
Per Serving(Calories 530 | Total Fats 34g | Net Carbs: 5.9g | Protein: 39.3g |Fiber: 1.5g)