Goat Shank in Garlic Sauce
(Total Time: 50 MIN| Serves: 4)
3 lbs goat shanks, cut into large pieces
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
½ cup plain yogurt, full-fat
6 garlic cloves
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame seeds
2-3 cardamom pods
¼ tsp cloves, ground
1 tsp salt
- In a food processor, combine yogurt, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, sesame seeds, cardamom, cloves, and salt. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Plug in your instant pot and grease the stainless steel insert with olive oil. Add onions and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add meat and sprinkle with some salt. Pour enough water to cover and securely lock the lid. Adjust the steam release handle and press the ”Manual” button. Set the timer for 30 minutes and cook on ”High” pressure.
- When you hear the cooker’s end signal, perform a quick release and open the pot.
- Press the ”Saute” button and add previously prepared garlic sauce. Cook for 10 minutes, or the mixture thickens, turning the shank once.
- Turn off the pot and carefully transfer the shank to a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining garlic sauce and garnish with some fresh cilantro.
Per Serving(Calories 480 | Total Fats 15.8g | Net Carbs: 6.2g | Protein: 74.1g |Fiber: 1.2g)