Greek Feta Meatballs
(Total Time: 25 MIN| Serves: 4)
1 lb ground lamb
2 large eggs, beaten
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup almond flour
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 cup diced canned tomatoes, sugar-free
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh parsley
1 tbsp fresh mint
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine together ground lamb, eggs, feta, garlic, almond flour, chopped onions, salt, pepper, oregano, mint, and parsley.
- Mix until completely combined. With slightly wet hands, shape the mixture into 12 balls and place in a round oven-safe dish.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes and add bell peppers. Sprinkle with olive oil and tightly wrap with aluminum foil.
- Plug in the instant pot and set the trivet at the bottom of the stainless steel insert. Pour in 1 cup of water and place the bowl on the trivet.
- Seal the lid and set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position.
- Press the ‘’Manual’’ button and cook for 12 minutes.
- When done, release the pressure naturally and open the lid.
- Remove the bowl from the pot using oven mitts and chill for a while.
- Optionally, top with some Greek yogurt before serving.
Per Serving (Calories 428 | Total Fats: 26.3g | Net Carbs: 6.6g | Protein: 39.1g |Fiber: 1.8g)