Eggs with Spicy Marinara Sauce
(Total Time: 20 MIN| Serves: 3)
5 large eggs
½ onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cup cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp dried parsley
- Grease the bottom of the stainless steel insert with oil and press the SAUTE button. Heat the oil and add diced onion, garlic cloves, and diced red bell pepper. Season with chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent and soft.
- Add tomatoes and give it a good stir. Press the CANCEL button and chill for another 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, separate egg whites from yolks. Pour the egg whites into the pot and stir gently with a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Close the lid and set the steam release handle to the SEALING position. Press the Manual button and set the timer for 1 minute on LOW pressure.
- When you hear the end signal, press the CANCEL button and move the pressure valve to the VENTING position to release the pressure. Open the lid and transfer the mixture to a serving plate.
- Optionally, sprinkle with some chopped parsley or season with some smoked paprika.
Per Serving(Calories 244 | Total Fats 18g | Net Carbs: 8.3g | Protein 12.3g |Fiber: 2.4g)