Duck Breast with Prosciutto
(Total Time: 50 MIN| Serves: 4)
1 lb duck breasts
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup duck fat
4 cups chicken broth
7 oz prosciutto, chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup cremini mushrooms
1 tbsp orange zest
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp white pepper, freshly ground
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Add duck fat and slowly melt, stirring constantly.
- Now add shallots and garlic. Give it a good stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Finally, add prosciutto and stir well. Briefly brown on all sides and press the ‘’Cancel’’ button.
- Add the meat in the pot and pour in the broth. Sprinkle with spices and orange zest. Pour in the cider and seal the lid.
- Set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position and press the ‘’Manual’’ button.
- Set the timer for 20 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, release the pressure naturally and carefully open the lid. Sprinkle with parsley and let it sit covered for about 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving (Calories 496 | Total Fats: 34.3g | Net Carbs: 3.5g | Protein: 40.9g |Fiber: 0.4g)