Ground Beef with Steamed Cauliflower
(Total Time: 35 MIN| Serves: 2)
8 oz ground beef
2 medium-sized bell pepper, chopped
1 cup cauliflower, chopped
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
½ tsp dried thyme, ground
¼ tsp red chili flakes
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper, ground
¼ tsp smoked paprika, ground
- Plug in your instant pot and add the butter in the stainless steel insert. Press the “Sauté” button and add ground beef. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir occasionally.
- Add bell peppers and heavy cream. Give it a good stir and cook for 2 more minutes. Press the “Cancel” button and stir in the chives immediately. Let it stand for 5 minutes and then transfer to a serving dish.
- Now, clean the stainless steel insert and fill with 1 cup of water. Position a trivet on the bottom. Place the cauliflower in the steam basket and set the basket on the top of a trivet. Seal the lid and adjust the steam release handle.
- Press the “Steam” button and set the timer for 10 minutes. Cook on “High” pressure. When done, perform a quick release and open the lid. Sprinkle with chili flakes and optionally, with some olive oil for better taste.
- Serve steamed cauliflower with previously prepared ground beef.
Per serving (Calories 366 | Total Fats 18.8g | Net Carbs: 9.4g | Protein 37.1g |Fiber: 3.1g)