Poached Eggs with Mushrooms
(Total Time: 25 MIN| Serves: 1)
½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
2 oz fresh arugula
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried thyme
¼ tsp chili flakes
- Place mushrooms in a large sieve and rinse under cold running water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel making sure to wipe away any extra debris.
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice each mushroom in half, lengthwise, but keep the stems on. Set aside.
- Plug in the instant pot and add butter to the stainless steel insert. Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and melt it.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the liquid evaporates.
- Now, add arugula and give it a good stir. Optionally, add one tablespoon of olive oil for some extra taste. Cook for one minute.
- Finally, crack the eggs and cook until set – for 2 minutes. Season with dried thyme and sprinkle with chili flakes.
- Turn off the pot and carefully transfer the mixture to a serving plate using a large kitchen spatula.
- Serve immediately.
Per Serving(Calories 325| Total Fats 32.8g | Net Carbs: 2.3g | Protein 8.1g |Fiber: 1.3g)