Spicy Trout with Broccoli
(Total Time: 50 MIN| Serves: 5)
2 lbs trout fillets, skin-on
3 cups broccoli, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
4 cups fish stock
½ tsp salt
½ tsp dried celery
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp chili flakes
¼ tsp garlic powder
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator about an hour before using. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, dried celery, chili powder, chili flakes, and garlic powder. Place in a deep bowl and cover with a lid. Set aside.
- Plug in the instant pot and pour in the fish stock. Add broccoli and stir well. Seal the lid and set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position. Set the timer for 20 minutes.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release and open the lid. Remove the cauliflower from the pot and drain. Place in a deep bowl and mash with a potato masher. Optionally, transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the steam insert in the pot and place the fish in it. Pour in 2 cups of water and seal the lid. Set the steam release handle again and press the ‘’Fish’’ button.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release and open the lid. Remove the fish from the pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button.
- Add mashed broccoli and stir in the butter. Optionally, sprinkle with some salt and garlic powder. Heat up and remove from the pot.
- Serve with steamed fish.
Per Serving(Calories 488| Total Fats 27.2g | Net Carbs: 3.3g | Protein: 54.2g |Fiber: 1.7g)