(Total Time: 60 MIN| Serves: 6)
2 medium Zucchini
1 medium Eggplant
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
3 tsp Salt
16 oz. Marinara Sauce
1 medium Red Onion (diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
16 oz. Cottage Cheese
2 large Eggs
8 oz. Mozzarella (shredded)
1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbsp. Basil (chopped)
- Cut the zucchini and eggplant into ¼ inch slices lengthwise. Lay on a kitchen towel and sprinkle with salt, and cover with another kitchen towel. Set aside for 15 minutes, and then pat dry.
- Set the oven to broil at 500 degrees F. Place zucchini and eggplant on a baking sheet in single layer, and lightly brush them with olive oil. Broil for 8 minutes on the top rack, then flip them and broil for another 8 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk two eggs and add to the cottage cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Lightly brush the Instant Pot insert with olive oil and spread one-third of marinara sauce on the bottom.
- Place a layer of eggplant slices in the Instant Pot. Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture over it, then half of bell peppers and onions. Then place a third of mozzarella.
- Layer the zucchini slices, and spread over them one-third of the marinara sauce, followed by the rest of bell peppers and onions, and the third of mozzarella.
- Layer the eggplant slices, and spread over them the last third of marinara sauce followed by mozzarella. Sprinkle with half of the cup parmesan.
- Place and lock the lid and manually set the cooking time to 20 minutes at high pressure.
- When done quick release the pressure. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and chopped basil.
(Calories: 273 | Total Fats: 12g | Net Carbs: 12g | Proteins: 23g |Fibers: 6g)