Marinated Beef Shank
(Total Time: 40 MIN| Serves: 8)
3 lbs beef shank
1 cup green onions
3 cups beef broth
For the marinade:
1 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper, ground
½ tsp smoked paprika, ground
- In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Mix until well incorporated and set aside.
- Rinse the meat under cold running water and pat dry with a kitchen paper. Place in a large Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Shake well to coat the meat evenly with the marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Plug in your instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Drain the meat and place in the stainless steel insert. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Pour in the broth and securely lock the lid. Adjust the steam release handle and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 20 minutes and cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When you hear the cooker’s end signal, release the pressure naturally.
- Open the pot and transfer the meat to a serving plate. Drizzle with some marinade and garnish with green onions.
Per Serving (Calories 369 | Total Fats 14.7g | Net Carbs: 1.5g | Protein 53.8g |Fiber: 0.7g)