Steamed Mussels with Thyme
(Total Time: 20 MIN| Serves: 4)
1 lb mussels, cleaned
2 cups fish stock
5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
3 tbsp butter
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp dried thyme
½ tsp chili flakes
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Rinse well the mussels under running water and remove any dirt. Drain and set aside.
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the inner pot with butter and add garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and then pour in the stock. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with thyme, chili flakes, and parsley.
- Place mussels in a steam basket and transfer to the pot. Seal the lid and set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position.
- Press the ‘’Manual’’ button and set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, perform a quick release and open the lid. Remove any mussels that didn’t open and transfer to serving bowls. Drizzle with the sauce from the pot and serve immediately.
Per Serving(Calories 207| Total Fats17.1g | Net Carbs: 5.6g | Protein: 17.1g |Fiber: 0.1g)