Mediterranean Beef Meatballs
(Total Time: 30 MIN| Serves: 6)
2 lbs ground beef
1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup feta cheese
1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, chopped
3 large eggs
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 cup beef broth
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp dried oregano, ground
¼ tsp dried thyme, ground
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, eggs, parsley, and cheese. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of lukewarm water mix with your hands. Add all the spices and mix until well incorporated.
- Shape balls with the mixture, approximately 1-inch in diameter. Set aside,
- Plug in your instant pot and grease the stainless steel insert with olive oil. Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and add onions and garlic. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and pour in the broth. Carefully place the meatballs in the pot and close the lid.
- Adjust the steam release handle and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 10 minutes and cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When you hear the cooker’s end signal, perform a quick release of the pressure and open the pot.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining sauce from the pot.
- Optionally, brown the meatballs on each side before cooking in your instant pot.
Per Serving (Calories 383 | Total Fats 16.1g | Net Carbs: 4.3g | Protein 51.7g |Fiber: 1.4g)