Mexican Pork Carnitas
(Total Time: 60 MIN| Serves: 11)
2½ lbs. Pork Shoulder
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
6 cloves Garlic (cut in quarters lengthwise)
1½ tsp Cumin
¼ tsp Dry Oregano
¼ tsp Dry Adobo Seasoning
½ tsp Garlic Powder
¾ cup Chicken Broth
2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
2 Bay Leaves
- Season the pork shoulder with salt and pepper.
- Place in the Instant Pot and set it to “Sauté”. Brown the pork on both sides for around 5 minutes and then remove from pot and leave to cool enough to handle, some 10 minutes.
- While meat is cooling mix together cumin, oregano, adobo and garlic powder in a bowl.
- With a smaller knife make an inch deep incisions on all sides of the meat and stuff in them pieces of garlic.
- Rub the pork with the mixture of dry spices, and set aside.
- Place in the Instant Pot the broth, chipotle pepper and bay leave, and stir to mix.
- Add the pork to the Instant Pot and set it on “Meat/Stew” settings. Manually set cooking time to 50 minutes at high pressure.
- When done allow to naturally releases pressure.
- Remove the lid and bay leaves, and shred the meat with a fork. Then stir well so that meat would reabsorb the juices.
- Serve warm.
(Calories: 160 | Total Fats: 7g | Net Carbs: 1g | Proteins: 20g |Fibers: 0g)