Parsi Veal with Eggs
(Total Time: 30 MIN| Serves: 4)
2 lbs minced veal
1 medium-sized red onion, diced
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 large eggs, free-range
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
- Plug in your instant pot and press the ”Saute” button. Melt the butter in the stainless steel insert and onions and garlic. Stir-fry for 6-8 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Add minced veal and break with a wooden spatula. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now, add tomatoes, vinegar, and all the spices. Pour in ½ cup of water and give it a good stir. Securely lock the lid.
- Adjust the steam release handle and press the ”Manual” button. Set the timer for 5 minutes and cook on ”High” pressure.
- When you hear the cooker’s end signal, perform a quick release and open the pot.
- Press the ”Saute” button and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until the mixture almost evaporated.
- Poach the eggs on the top of the mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes without stirring.
- Turn off the pot and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with some cilantro, parsley, and lime before serving.
Per Serving(Calories 524 | Total Fats 28.8g | Net Carbs: 5.1g | Protein: 61g |Fiber: 1.6g)