Simple Chicken Vindaloo
(Total Time: 20 MIN| Serves: 4)
3 lbs chicken thighs, skinless
3 small green chili peppers, chopped
2 medium-sized onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black peppercorns, whole
- Plug in your instant pot and press the ”Saute” button. Melt the butter in the stainless steel insert and add all spices. Fry for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the seeds from the pot and transfer to a food processor. Add garlic and apple cider vinegar. Pulse until well combined. Coat the chicken thighs with this paste and set aside.
- Now, add onions and green chili peppers to the pot. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions translucent. Add chicken thighs and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour in the chicken broth and securely lock the lid.
- Adjust the steam release handle and press the ”Manual” button. Set the timer for 5 minutes and cook on ”High” pressure.
- When you hear the cooker’s end signal, perform a quick release of the pressure and turn off the pot.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and serve immediately.
Per Serving(Calories 528 | Total Fats 21.7g | Net Carbs: 6.1g | Protein: 70.8g |Fiber: 0.5g)