Spicy Chicken with Lime
(Total Time: 25 MIN| Serves: 4)
2 lbs chicken fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup plain yogurt, full-fat
2 small onions, chopped
1 medium-sized tomato
3 tsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp mustard seeds, ground
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- Rinse the fillets under running water and pat dry with a kitchen paper. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Plug in your instant pot and grease the stainless steel insert with olive oil. Press the ”Saute” button and add onions. Sprinkle with chili powder, garam masala, mustard seeds, salt, and nutmeg. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until onions translucent.
- Add diced tomato and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add, chicken and pour in 1 cup of water. Securely lock the lid and adjust the steam release handle.
- Press the ”Manual” button and set the timer for 10 minutes. Cook on ”High” pressure.
- When done, release the pressure naturally and open the lid. Stir in the yogurt immediately and press the ”Saute” button. Cook for 4-5 minutes more and turn off the pot.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with lime juice.
- Optionally, sprinkle with some finely chopped green onions and garnish with lime slices before serving.
Per Serving(Calories 561 | Total Fats 25.1g | Net Carbs: 8.2g | Protein: 70.1g |Fiber: 1.5g)