Spicy Shredded Chicken with Asparagus
(Total Time: 50 MIN| Serves: 2)
1 lb chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
½ onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp butter
2 green chili peppers, chopped
3 large asparagus, chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
2 cups vegetable stock
½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the inner pot with butter and add chicken in several batches. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Now add onions and cook until translucent. Then, add garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Finally, add chili peppers and asparagus. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the meat and season with salt, chili, and smoked paprika. Sprinkle with lime juice and pour in the broth. Stir well and seal the lid.
- Set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Cook for 17 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release and open the lid. Remove the meat from the pot and place on a large cutting board.
- Using two forks shred the meat and place back in the pot.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Per Serving (Calories 449 | Total Fats: 23.3g | Net Carbs: 5.3g | Protein: 50.4g |Fiber: 2.4g)