Spicy Garam Masala Beef Roast
(Total Time: 40 MIN| Serves: 4)
2 lbs beef shoulder roast
1 small onion, diced
1 egg, beaten
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, diced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red chili pepper, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper, ground
¼ tsp cardamom, ground
¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- Rinse the meat under cold running water and pat dry with a kitchen paper. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all spices and mix until blend. Add meat and give it a good stir until all well coated.
- Plug in your instant pot and grease the stainless steel insert with olive oil. Press the ‘’Sauté’’ button and add chili pepper, onions, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions translucent.
- Now, add meat and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth and close the lid. Set the steam release handle by moving the valve to the ‘’Sealing’’ position. Press the ‘’Manual button and set the timer for 15 minutes. Cook on ‘’High’’ pressure.
- When done, release the pressure naturally and open the pot. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. The liquid should be reduced by half. Poach the egg on top and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
Per Serving (Calories 458 | Total Fats 25g | Net Carbs: 4.2g | Protein 50.8g |Fiber: 1.2g)