Sweet Chicken Leg Stew
(Total Time: 35 MIN| Serves: 4)
4 medium-sized chicken legs
3 tbsp avocado oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, whole
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup diced canned tomatoes, sugar-free
3 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Place the meat in a large colander and rinse thoroughly under cold running water. Dry with a kitchen paper and rub each piece with salt and pepper.
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Heat the oil and add chicken thighs in a couple of batches. Brown on all sides, for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In a deep bowl, combine onions, peppers, celery stalks, and mushrooms. Season with some salt and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Now add garlic and season with oregano and red pepper flakes. Toss well to combine and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the remaining ingredients and seal the lid.
- Set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, perform a quick release and open the lid.
- Serve immediately.
Per Serving (Calories 267 | Total Fats: 6.5g | Net Carbs: 7.7g | Protein: 40.2g |Fiber: 2.7g)