Teriyaki Chicken Thighs with Peppers
(Total Time: 70 MIN| Serves: 5)
2 lbs chicken thighs, skin on
5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 cup chicken stock
5 tbsp soy sauce
¼ cup rice vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp swerve
1 tsp chili flakes
½ tsp white pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp salt
- First, you will have to prepare the teriyaki mixture. In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, rice vinegar, swerve, soy sauce, chili flakes, pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Rinse the thighs and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Generously brush with the teriyaki mixture and place in a large Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the inner pot with some oil and add garlic. Briefly cook, for one minute, and then add sliced pepper. Continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
- Now add the meat along with teriyaki and briefly brown – for 2-3 minutes on each side. You will probably have to do this in several batches.
- Now pour in the stock and seal the lid. Set the steam release handle and press the ‘’Manual’’ button. Set the timer for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- When done, release the pressure naturally and open the lid.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with some parchment paper and add the thighs.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning once.
Per Serving(Calories 431 | Total Fats: 19.1g | Net Carbs: 5.2g | Protein: 54.3g |Fiber: 0.8g)