Tomato Lamb Shanks with Thyme
(Total Time: 30 MIN| Serves: 4)
4 lamb shanks
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 cups beef broth
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried thyme
2 bay leaves
- Plug in the instant pot and press the ‘’Sauté’’ button. Grease the inner pot with butter and heat up.
- Add the meat and brown on all sides for 2-3 minutes. You will probably have to do this in several batches.
- When done, remove from the pot and transfer to a large platter. Loosely cover with some aluminum foil and set aside.
- Add some more olive oil in the pot and add garlic, onions, and celery stalk. Stir well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, pour in the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until the vinegar has completely evaporated.
- Finally, add the meat along with the remaining ingredients. Stir well and seal the lid. Set the steam release handle to the ‘’Sealing’’ position and press the ‘’Stew’’ button.
- When done, perform a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Serve immediately.
Per Serving (Calories 474 | Total Fats: 21.3g | Net Carbs: 5.7g | Protein: 59.9g |Fiber: 1.5g)