PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
MAKES 8 biscuits (1 per serving)
These moist, savory biscuits make an excellent breakfast or quick snack. Serve them warm with salted butter.
2 cups (220 g) almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
6 ounces (170 g) sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
2 large eggs, beaten
½ stick (¼ cup/55 g) unsalted butter, softened
Salted butter, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease 8 cups of a standard-size 12-cup nonstick muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside ¼ cup (30 grams) of the cheese for the tops of the biscuits. Add the remaining cheese, eggs, and butter to the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the greased muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full, and top each with a sprinkle of the reserved cheddar cheese.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake until the biscuits have doubled in size and are golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool the biscuits slightly in the pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack and enjoy warm with salted butter. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.