PREP TIME: 35 minutes + 3 hours to chill
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
MAKES one 8- or 10-inch (20- or 25-cm) cheesecake (12 servings)
This is one of our favorite cheesecake recipes. It is much lighter and silkier than a baked cheesecake, and because it is no-bake, it is simple and quick to make. Make this delicious and attractive cheesecake for a celebration or a family gathering and be the star of the party!
3 cups (700 ml) heavy cream, divided
1 tablespoon powdered unflavored gelatin
4 ounces (110 g) full-fat cream cheese, softened
8 ounces (225 g) mascarpone cheese, softened
Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
¾ cup (145 g) granulated low-carb sweetener of your choice
1 cup (135 g) raw macadamia nuts
2 cups (220 g) almond flour
¾ stick (6 tablespoons/85 g) unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup (48 g) granulated low-carb sweetener of your choice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of fine sea salt
1 pound (450 g) fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
3 tablespoons chopped raw pistachios
- Grease an 8- or 10-inch (20- or 25-cm) cheesecake pan (with a removable bottom), then line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- Bloom the gelatin for the filling: Pour ½ cup (120 ml) of the cream into a small saucepan, then sprinkle the gelatin over the top; whisk with a fork and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the crust: Place the macadamia nuts in a food processor and process until the consistency resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer the macadamia nuts to a large mixing bowl, then add the almond flour, melted butter, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, and salt; mix the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until evenly combined.
- Place the crust mixture in the prepared pan and press it into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- Place the saucepan with the bloomed gelatin-cream mixture over low heat and warm through until the gelatin is dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and let cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese, mascarpone, vanilla bean seeds, and granulated sweetener in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or use an electric hand whisk and a large bowl). Whisk the cream cheese mixture for a few minutes, until it becomes light and creamy.
- While whisking on low speed, slowly add the remaining 2½ cups (600 ml) of cream to the cream cheese mixture (this helps the consistency of the batter to stay smooth). When all of the cream has been added, turn the mixer to full power and whisk until the mixture takes on the consistency of stiff whipped cream.
- When the gelatin-cream mixture is cool, add it to the cheesecake mixture and, using a wooden spoon, stir very well to ensure that it is fully incorporated. Transfer the filling to the cheesecake pan and smooth the top with a spoon. Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the pan and top with the sliced strawberries and a sprinkling of chopped pistachios. Store the cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.