PREP TIME: 20 minutes + 1 hour to freeze
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES 36 fat bombs (1 per serving)
Fat bombs are delicious little morsels loaded with healthy fats and calories—sweet treats that supply a boost of energy without the carb crash. These cheesecake fat bombs combine a smooth strawberry-laced base with crunchy almond-coconut cookie crumbs.
10 ounces (285 g) fresh strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
5 tablespoons (60 g) granulated low-carb sweetener of your choice
1 tablespoon water
CRUNCHY COOKIE CRUMBS
1 large egg white
1 cup (110 g) almond flour
½ cup (40 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
3 tablespoons granulated low-carb sweetener of your choice
½ stick (¼ cup/55 g) unsalted butter
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
Generous pinch of fine sea salt
FAT BOMB BASE
12 ounces (340 g) cream cheese, softened
¾ cup (110 g) whey protein powder
1 stick (½ cup/110 g) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Line both a sheet pan and a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some paper overhanging the square baking pan.
- Make the strawberry sauce: Place the strawberries, sweetener, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
- Make the cookie crumbs: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir by hand until well combined. Spread the mixture out on the lined sheet pan, press down to form a smooth layer, and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and cool, then crumble into small chunks. Remove 3 tablespoons of the crumbs and reserve for a garnish.
- Place the fat bomb base ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer, add the strawberry sauce, and whisk on high speed for 5 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, use an electric hand mixer.
- Add the cookie crumbs and lightly stir by hand with a spoon until well combined (do not use a mixer as you want the cookie crumbs to remain chunky).
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with the reserved cookie crumbs. Place in the freezer until firm, at least 1 hour. Lift the fat bomb batter out of the pan and slice into 36 small squares. Store the fat bombs in the freezer for up to 1 month and enjoy guilt-free ice cream–like treats whenever you like, straight from the freezer!