Serving Yields: 12
Nutritional Facts per Serving
● Net Carbs: 3.5 g
● Protein: 4.9 g
● Total Fats: 23.1 g
● Calories: 68
Ingredients – The Cupcakes
● Almond flour sifted (1 cup)
● Coconut flour sifted (.33 – .5 cup)
● Xanthan gum (.5 tsp.)
● Baking soda (1 tsp.)
● Baking powder (.5 tsp.)
● Salt (.5 tsp.)
● Cinnamon (1 tsp.)
● Nutmeg (.25 tsp.)
● Ground cloves (.125 tsp.)
● Coconut oil liquified (.5 cup)
● Large eggs (2 unchilled)
● Sugar-free vanilla extract (1.5 tsp.)
● Monk fruit sweetener (1 cup)
● Packed grated zucchini (1.5 cups)
● Optional: Walnuts coarsely chopped
Ingredients – The Frosting
● Softened cream cheese (4 oz.)
● Butter (2 tbsp. softened)
● Monk fruit sweetener – powdered (.5 cup)
● Vanilla extract (.5 tsp.)
● Also Needed: Electric mixer or food processor
- Warm the oven in advance to reach 350° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the muffin tins with paper or foil baking liners.
- Stir in both types of flour with the baking soda, xanthan gum, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Place to the side for now.
- Whisk the coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir in zucchini, sweetener, and the flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts if using.
- Add the batter to the liners.
- Bake until the cake is firm to touch (25-30 min.).
- Remove cool on a rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.
- Store cupcakes in refrigerator or freezer.
- Cool to reach room temperature before serving.
Preparation Method – The Frosting
- Pour the sweetener in a blender.
- Mix the butter and cream cheese until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and frost the cake.